Thursday, June 11, 2009

Black men, Black men, Black Men

There are two things that I don't like: male bashing and stupid people. The scary thing is that I am about to combine the two.

So yesterday, I was heading home and towards the elevator in the building. I saw one guy standing already waiting and he saw me.

(Sidenote: He's was interested in talking to me. Let's called him "Mark." He used to wait for me after work. He once asked if he could come over and bring some wine. And I was like "For What?" He told me he was moving and I was like "Good for you." Becuase I wasn't interested in talking to him, he started acting funny. Here's the reasoning, he's always home in the middle of the day or waiting on someone to do something for him. I know why I am around during the middle of the day: I am covering some event or person. And honestly I think he is a girl. I don't have time for that.)

Anywho, I decided to check my mail. BTW I had four bags with me and I was struggling. Another guy came in smiled and said "Hi" as he checked his mail. I was trying to gather my belonging when the elevator arrived and they all proceeded on. They all saw me and no one held the elevator for me. I started thinking "What the hell?" I know their mother taught them better, but they decided to act like they have no common sense and/or courtesy. Now I can give the guy who checked him mail the benefit of the doubt because he ran to the elevator. I know he couldn't do much else. Once you press the button to go to a floor that's it. The occupants have to hold the elevator.

This has happened before in this building. I once had bags of pillows and approached the building door. "Mark" and two other guys were standing there. And they all stood there. No one offered to help me. How can you not help someone when they need help? I was told that if I had my ass or breasts hanging out they would have helped.

I have tons of stories about black men and this building who don't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment