Thursday, June 4, 2009

Is it appropriate to tell someone their fly is open?

This morning I was on my way to 47th Street to meet someone who didn't show up and I took the bus. As I was waited to let the two men off the bus I noticed that one needed to zip is fly.

I was torn because I had on my jeans where the zipper fly keeps coming down. I didn't know if I should say something. I wasn't sure what impression he would have because I saw that he needed to zip his fly.

Here's why. This actually happened to me when I was in Wal-Mart in a couple of weeks ago checking out plants. This man was standing in the corner "looking at plants" talking on his cell when he went "Miss" and kind of pointed down. He really looked like a pervert and not because he was looking at my crotch. He could have been drinking something and he would have looked like a pervert. That just might be nature.

Then he did it again. I said,"Huh?" and he pointed down yet again and said, "Your zipper." I looked and was like "Oh. Thanks."

So while I thought he was a pervert, I was grateful he told me that my zipper was down. That's what I keep thinking about that guy who was on the bus. But I don't know? And I won't know because I said nothing.

I felt bad afterwards because he crossed the street like he was going somewhere and then came back and his fly was still open.

No comments:

Post a Comment